CENTURY 21 Jordan-Link & Co. PACKAGE TO GET LICENSED
SALESPERSON PRE-LICENSE PACKAGE
Century 21 Jordan-Link & Co. has partnered with the Rockwell Institute to offer a unique "home-study" program, "online" program, plus "live instructor led classes".
An applicant for the real estate salesperson examination must show proof of three courses prior to the state exam. Real Estate Principles, Real Estate Practice, and Real Estate Finance.
Who Must Obtain a Real Estate License?
A Real Estate License is required of individuals who are to be employed as salespersons under the control and supervision of a licensed broker. A license may be obtained by a person who does not immediately intend to be employed by a broker. However, in this instance, no real estate activity may be performed. The license authorizes real estate activity only if the salesperson is in the employ of a licensed broker. It does not authorize the salesperson to act as an independent agent.
Minimum Requirements to Apply for License
- Age: 18 years of age or older.
- Honesty: Conviction of a crime which is either a felony or involves moral turpitude may result in the denial of a license. The failure to reveal a criminal conviction on an original license application may also result in the denial of a license.
- Education: Evidence of successful completion of the three qualifying courses is required.
- Experience: None required.
- License Fees
- There is a $60 test fee required when you apply for the state examination. The license fee is $245.
One set of classifiable electronic fingerprints and a fingerprint processing fee are required from every license applicant. Original license applicants who reside in California will pay a $49 fingerprint processing fee directly to the live scan fingerprint service provider.
STEP-BY-STEP PROCESS TO COMPLETE THE PROGRAM
STEP 1: Complete Qualifying Courses
All three pre-license courses are required by the California Bureau of Real Estate before you can apply for the state exam. They are designed to give you a basic understanding of the necessary subjects and a foundation of real estate terminology.
STEP 2: Apply for State Exam
Once you have successfully completed all three required courses, it is time to apply for the state exam by mailing the Salesperson Examination Application (RE 400A) to the CalBRE along with proof of completion of the required courses and the $60 examination fee. CalBRE processing time for state exam applications is 4-6 weeks.
The California Bureau of Real Estate allows a course to be completed in a minimum time of 2 ½ weeks PER COURSE (18 calendar days) from the date you receive your material. The maximum time is one year from the date of enrollment. Completion means passing each course final examination.
Once you have successfully completed all three course final exams, we will send you an official Course Completion Certificate. From the day you mail your application to the CalBRE, it usually takes 4 to 6 weeks to get a state exam test date.
Timeline for Overall Licensing Process
- Complete qualifying courses: 8 weeks minimum (Home, Live & Online Program).
- Mail examination application to CalBRE and wait for processing: 6-8 weeks
- Schedule state test date through eLicensing and PASS state exam: 2-3 weeks out
- Apply for license (license fees, fingerprints, background check): 4-5 weeks
Total: Approximately 13-23 weeks (This is only an estimate)